Tuesday, October 1, 2013

C4K Summary for September

Children of September


C4K #1

For my first C4K I was assigned to Mrs. Martin's student who goes by the blog name "Liltookrazzii." Mrs. Martin wanted her students to state a belief and include a personal story that explains how he/she came to that belief. In Liltookrazzii's: "This I believe" post, he wrote about how he believed in street racing. I found it really interesting to read. I don't know much about street racing and reading his passion for it really excited me. He believes that "street racing can change somebody else's life" just like it changed his. He said "street racing has taught me to enjoy myself and the things I like to do." He also said "ever since I have been around street racing my life has gotten better." I told him in the comment I left that after having experienced family problems with my older brother, I’m so happy to hear and read about other young men around the world making something of themselves and being excited about something that’s positive and constructive.

I like how he chose to write about his belief in street racing. I do believe it can change someone else's life too. Also in the comment I left him I said "the world can be a dangerous and destructive place, and it’s up to us to make something of ourselves. With dedication and passion, I believe anyone can achieve greatness."

I think "Liltookrazzii" did a good job on explaining his belief. He also did a great job including a personal story that explained how he came to his belief. He wrote about his first time being around street racing when he was only ten years old. I really liked how much detail he put into his story, I felt like I was right there with him. He said that ever since that first time he was around street racing he has been going back every chance he gets. I hope the best for him and his future and I hope he continues to always be passionate about something. I concluded my comment to him by thanking him for sharing his beliefs with the world.

C4K #2

For my second C4K I was assigned to Ms. Metzler's 5th grade student, David. In David's post, he told a story about "Being Stuck on the Word Beautiful." His story title, "Being Stuck on the Word Beautiful," and his opening sentence "So close!!! One letter!!! I thought as I was walking to snack recess," grabbed my attention. He told the story of when he was in his third spelling bee. He had begun his story by saying he'd been in two other spelling bees before and each times he had won. David was very creative and he walked the reader(me) along each step in his story. At the end of his story he said it was finally "the moment of destiny." He was up against two other classmates and the first student got his word correct. Then it was his turn. His word was "beautiful." He spelled it out and the judge said "elimination." He was stuck on the word beautiful.

I enjoyed reading David's post. In the comment I left him, I told him that I loved his creativity and the way he guided his readers along each step of his story. I also told him that as soon as I read his title "Being stuck on the Word Beautiful," I was instantly curious. The last thing I said was "being eliminated is never fun, but what matters in life is if we pick our heads up and try even harder next time," then I thanked him for sharing his ideas and stories with the world!

C4K #3

For my third C4K I was assigned to a student who moved to a different school and has not published a post since April. So, I chose a student named Calvin from Ms. Kings 7th grade class. Calvins last post and the one I commented on was posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2013. In his post, Hexagonal Learning, Calvin made a video of explaining how to understand his hexagonal figure. He said "we did this activity to help us think and say what we think about things."

In the comment I left him I explained who I was and what had brought me to his blog. I told him that here in EDM 310 we have learned about blogs and the importance of blogging. I also told him that I thought it was awesome that we are able to talk and listen to other people's ideas from all around the world. I thought Calvin did a wonderful job describing his hexagonal figure. He made it very easy to follow along to and when he was finished talking I was able to have a clear understanding of his figure and how it was set up. It was very creative and I enjoyed listening. I finished my comment by leaving him a link to my blog and I told him that if he ever wanted to check out my blog, he could at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment